Lou Dawson is the man.

skykilo

I'd like to give a big shout out to wildsnow.com.

A short self-mount trip report:

I am another arrogant physicist. If I can help build apparati to search for fundamental laws describing the behavior of the universe to astonishing levels of precision, surely I can mount a pair of bindings.

I went to the lab yesterday at four, slightly hungry, but sure I would only be there for two hours. Five hours later, I only had the toe pieces mounted; I was pissed, cross-eyed, and ravenous.

I had a great night of New Year's festivities, and walked home to the U-District from Capitol Hill at five in the morning to catch some sleep. I was up at nine, and by noon I was ready to give the bindings another shot.

Now they're mounted, they're well-aligned, and I can't wait to ski my new light weight setup. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to keep up with Fat Boy (you know who you are).

I might post a few of my own tips as an appendix to Lou's great instructions at some point, but I am very thankful for his info.

Thanks Lou. bigdrink.giffruit.gif

What did you think a self-mount trip report meant, you sickos?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic