Asgaard Pass

IceScrewed

It's been years since I've been up there and am planning a trip to do Prussik in a day late-June (expecting hard packed snow on trail given the current snow pack). I'd appreciate hearing how long it took you to get from the trailhead up to the top of Asgaard...and if you're a tortoise or a hare.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on how much snow is leftover in June after springmelts some away so who knows really...

but for a time frame to plan with heavy pack...

4-6hours to top of Asgaard...I like to consider myself a tortise with afterburners that never runout of nitro... tongue.gif" border="0 ....i heard the record for entire enchanment loop (Colchuck thead to snow ck thead) is sub 6hours, of course running shoes were used and no backpack or snow to contend with... shocked.gif" border="0 ill [big Drink] to that

We did Prusik (via W. Ridge) car to car in a day last June. Obviously different conditions than you'll have this year. It was snow free about halfway up Aasgard, then decent kick stepping after that. In the basin the snow was somewhat mushy w/ a little postholing. I can't remember for sure, approx. 4 hours to the top of Aasgard seems reasonable. That's not setting a speed record, but it's moving steadily. I think the entire trip took from about 6 a.m. on a Sat. to midnight of that day, we didn't move real fast on the rock, it was cold and windy, hands and fingers weren't working so good. Had a serious case of drag-ass between Prusik Pass and Aasgard on the way out, all down hill from there in the dark, no worries.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: nolanr ]