Dome/Sinister

vegetablebelay

Climbed Dome via the Dome Glacier route and Sinister via the West Ridge.

Dead deer with a broken neck at 7400 on Dome Glacier. Probably thought she was a mountain goat pitty.gif Sinister has the original summit register from 1939 that was awesome to thumb through.

Descent from Dome to Sinister was straightforward with some monster crevasses easily dodged. One small bridge left to access the Dome-Sinister col and it won't last long. One other party went for the N Face of Sinister but took a long time accessing the lower face due to crevasses. They eventually bailed about half way up the face late in the day.

Bachelor Creek approach was as advertised. boxing_smiley.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a cool trip! Deer with busted necks are pretty rare in the wilderness, from my experience.

One of my nieghbors was tellin me about watching a black bear stalk, kill and eat an elk calf in Montana, they were kinda upset when I told them it was an awesome and rare thing to witness, they're old nature loving hippies. They even got out of their truck and tried to scare the bear away! pitty.gif