Does the summit of Hurry Up have a register?

Jonathan

Anyone know?

Went in and scrambled Magic and--maybe--Hurry Up this weekend.

Maybe because the clouds rolled in and we couldn't be sure. No register either, but the altimeter checked out, as did the look and feel of the alleged summit area--a little used and abused. Nothing to distinguish it, unfortunately, from so many other little summits, no unusual rocks or other signature geological formations in crude, but amusing shapes.

Off in the mists I imagined something of approximately equal height, this observation was confirmed by the 7.5 min. map as well. The most northerly of the two summits, the rock our vibram perhaps stood on, is purportedly the higher of two and thus boasts the august title of tippy-top. What was I squinting at? Another Cascade magical mystical misty mountain? As the rock was becoming quite wet, we scurried down to tea at Kool Aid Lake and the trip out

Sooooo--if Hurry Up does indeed boast a register, well, then I will tuck into humble pie. In terms of my alpine prowess, it’s a familiar dish. If Hurry Up is bereft of a register, it will remain a mystery until I haul my lard up there again.

Jonathan

Edited by Jonathan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan said:

Rats! Oh, well. Perhaps it was well hidden. Yeah, that's it!

BTW, I was a colleague of yours at WRQ, long ago and far away. TomO, whom you know, was also on the Magic/Hurry Up hike.

Thanks, Jonathan. I thought it was probably you, but wasn't sure because your login doesn't show your full name. (grr, grumble, grumble, I hate aliases. sorry but this is a pet peave of mine)

By the way, I enjoyed your Mt Prophet report. Inspires me to go in there sometime.