OR Deluxe Bivy Sack

Dustin_B

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If its the one with the single small pole, then I have one. I have spent a couple of cold nights in it and some time in heavy snow. Generally, I like the performance and the light weight. In really bad weather, I think you may either get wet or suffacate, because I keep waking up having to open the zipper gasping for breath.

Skisports said:

just get the standard the deluxe its too heavy... also look at bibblers but I have the basic and it is all I need

I want a pole to keep the bivy off my face. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of weight for this feature. The deluxe is the lightest single pole bivy I've seen.

Dustin_B said:

Skisports said:

just get the standard the deluxe its too heavy... also look at bibblers but I have the basic and it is all I need

I want a pole to keep the bivy off my face. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of weight for this feature. The deluxe is the lightest single pole bivy I've seen.

That pole is nice I have been in a fair amount of down pours 70mph winds snow whatever elements in my bivy bag.. but I find that most of the time I am expecting good weather when I use my bivy bag so I leave it open. And when I do have to zip it shut (leave at least 6inch open because there is nothing like dying in a bivy bag) and use the rope to prop the top open. But you need to have a pole I think bibler makes a ligher one that my freind uses