Feathered Friends Vireo 72" completely custom unique bag (location: Seattle)

Fromage

Let's be real:  my alpine hard man days are behind me and I'm never going to use this bag on the multiday alpine routes in the North Cascades that I used to climb.  Time to pass on this unique bag to someone who will enjoy it for its original purpose.

This Vireo is one of a kind.  It was a custom order from the factory, built to my specs using an extremely limited availability fabric.
  • Shell:  Schoeller NanoSphere ultralight 20D water-resistant nylon ("Mango" color, adds 2 degrees to the temperature rating*)
  • Interior:  Flite 20D nylon ("Crimson" color)
  • Fill:  800+ fill power down with +1 oz overfill
It's a beautiful bag, the only Vireo ever made in this color combination (How do I know? The factory only ordered enough NanoSphere in this color to make two sleeping bags and I have both - the other is a Swallow).  It's light (see photo - 1.25 pounds including stuff sack), water resistant, breathable, and stuffs into a four-liter silnylon dry sack.

*No, not really, but the color combo does make you think warm.

If you know what you're looking at, you appreciate that this is a special edition of a special bag.  Length is 72" and the condition is about as close to new as you can get.  Listing includes cotton storage sack and silnylon dry sack.  Asking $400, which is about $100 less than an equivalent new custom Vireo before tax.

For reference, one of the two trips I used this bag on was Rainier in winter and it kept me plenty warm in a tent at 10,000 feet with my Volant jacket combo.  This is why I added the overfill - to extend the comfort rating in colder conditions.  Pick up in southeast Seattle or shipping in US.  Best way to reach me is via email since I don't frequent this site as much these days:  njbratton AT hotmail DOT com.

Storage bag and stuff sack.jpg

Vireo inside.jpg

Vireo outside 2.jpg

Vireo outside.jpg

Vireo scale.jpg

Vireo tag.jpg

Edited by Fromage
added price

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic