Rainier partner for the 7th of July

max_ba

I am looking for a climbing partner for Rainier on the 7th of July. Planning on taking the Cleaver Route from Paradise and spending a night at Camp Muir. 

Also happy to join a group. 

I do have glacier travel experience and I did some crevasse rescue training. Went up solo Aconcagua and Nevado Sajama. 

Edited by max_ba
Added more info.

• max_ba changed the title to Rainier partner for the 7th of July

I'm interested! I've had Rainier on my list since before I can remember, but have struggled to find climbing partners to go with. I've done Mt. Hood and Adams, have sport climbing and rope skills/experience, yet haven't done any professional training on crevasse rescue. Would be thrilled to have the opportunity to learn what I may not already know on the mountain! Happy to join a group as well

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 9:28 PM, Willow_301 said:

I'm interested! I've had Rainier on my list since before I can remember, but have struggled to find climbing partners to go with. I've done Mt. Hood and Adams, have sport climbing and rope skills/experience, yet haven't done any professional training on crevasse rescue. Would be thrilled to have the opportunity to learn what I may not already know on the mountain! Happy to join a group as well

Hey Willow, I tried to reach out to you through private messages, but no response. Message me back when you have a minute, so we can discuss the climb further! 

Yes, very interested in joining you as well for the DC on July 7!...I'm also a member of the Washington Alpine Club, so have formal training and experience in safe glacier travel, and have summited Rainier many times over the years via 7 different routes...(as well as attempts of two or three other routes) also have about anything additional we might needed gear wise. And hope you'll forgive me responding so close to the climb dates...have not been on the CC forum in a while and just saw your post, thanks! Dave

• Like 1