• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Fromage

sold! Dana Design Bighorn pack size L/XL

Clearing out room in my garage and this treasured relic must go.  This is a 1996 edition Bighorn pack, handmade in Bozeman, size L-XL, very much sized for tall dudes.  I have a 22" torso and it fits me perfectly.  This is the most comfortable pack I have ever owned (and I've had more than I can count).  It had better be, because it weighs 6 pounds empty.  It's worn, it's beat, it ain't pretty, but it has lots of life left.  All hardware present, intact, and functioning perfectly.  Volume is about 4,000 cubic inches, it has 2 ice axe loops, top and panel loading design, and a versatile integrated compression panel for your shovel, helmet, snowboard, whatever.  I've worn this to the summits of Rainier, Mont Blanc, and more peaks than I can recall.  It even comes with nifty Arc'teryx ice axe keepers.

Here's the deal:

Price is free

Pickup in Seattle

I don't want this to go to a collector or to some lame-o who will sell it on ebay to monetize its historical value.  Send me an email (njbratton AT hotmail DOT com) with a 150-word essay describing your favorite alpine climb and why a heavy, 24-year old climbing pack will improve your mountaineering experience.  Most compelling and creative essay gets it.

0F9E7728-BD58-4B52-A229-ED5F3BB0CEA0_1_201_a.jpeg