[TR] Ingalls Peak - South Ridge 5/25/2009

jpasteris

Trip: Ingalls Peak - South Ridge

Date: 5/25/2009

Trip Report:

Climbed Ingalls Peak on Memorial Day and we had the whole place to ourselves! Imagine that! We post-holed our way to the lake where we camped Sunday night. Waited for the winds to die down before climbing on Monday. Route is snow free except for the first bit on the east side of the ridge at the base of the dog tooth crags. Kick a few steps and scramble a short bit on the west side and you're up there no problem. Saw quite a few snowmobile tracks around and even heard a few zipping around despite the area being off limits. Oh well.

Approach Notes:

Still lots of snow, but it is melting fast. Bring skis or snowshoes and expect to put them on by about 4,800 to 5,000 ft. We had to park about a 5 min. walk from the trailhead, but the road should be open all the way by now.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a difference a couple weeks make. We had to slog it about 3 miles to the trailhead. We ran into a bunch of college kids who's Suburban got stuck. There must of been about 7 of them and it really didn't appear that they did much. As I'm attaching the rope to my car (read WRX pulling out a Suburban) I hear my GF say to one of the guys "Nice penis." I turn around wondering wtf is going on, and then one of the guys goes "Do you like the prince albert one?" These guys spent about 10 minutes trying to get the truck out, got bored, and spent the next hour drawing phallic symbols a la Superbad on dirt caked truck instead of walking half a mile to a campsite to get help. Classic.