[TR] Pan Dome - Mount baker Ski Area - Pan Dome Falls 11/24/2010

yasso1am

Trip: Pan Dome - Mount baker Ski Area - Pan Dome Falls

Date: 11/24/2010

Trip Report:

What a great Thanksgiving - truly a lot to be thankful for. Spent the morning climbing Pan Dome, and the afternoon skiing.

As far as Pan Dome is concerned, was able to place six 13cm screws, with one of those screws girth hitched with about an inch still out of the ice. Probably could have placed another screw or two, but only had six 13s and I don't think I could have gotten anything longer in. Some of the placements felt like good ice, to sugar snow, to good ice - so they were questionable.

Fun was had. The scariest part was topping out into the terrain trap that is the gulley above the climb, my partner remote triggered an 18 inch soft slab above me. I definitely recommend rapping the route with two ropes if you do it the next day or so, instead of walking it off.

Here is a crappy cell phone picture I took from Chair 2. I'm sorry about the quality, I know it is horrible but it was all I had and it is better than nothing.

IMG00072.jpg

Gear Notes:

Six to eight 13cm screws.

Approach Notes:

Behind the top of chair 2.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic