Cheam in the winter info

cheamclimber

Hey, has anybody climbed the West Ridge of Cheam Peak in the winter via the ridge from Archibald. I just wanted to know if I should expect any extra challenges present in the winter (not in the summer, its a cakewalk then), if there is alot of exposure of not and what gear I should bring. If you can help me, thanks alot.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The exposure in the winter is millions of times greater than in the summer. This is the same effect as how the moon is at least a dozen times larger on the horizon than when it is high in the sky.

The gear you should bring includes a dozen Titanium expresso makers, a down-filled thermos, two long-thin Lost Arrows, a #6 TriCam, 125cm short skis with Dynafit bindings, one La Sportiva Olympus Mons (for the left foot) and one Boreal Inverno (for the right foot). And a 12 foot extendible aluminum ladder.

The gear you should bring includes a dozen Titanium expresso makers, a down-filled thermos, two long-thin Lost Arrows, a #6 TriCam, 125cm short skis with Dynafit bindings, one La Sportiva Olympus Mons (for the left foot) and one Boreal Inverno (for the right foot). And a 12 foot extendible aluminum ladder.

um okay...ive hiked this route in the summer enough times to know that I wont need a ladder, skis, two different types of boots, a cam, or arrows.