Looking for AT/Tele partner for Mt Hood

bpaltier

I have a several years experience using AT equipment around Mt Hood and have not had a AT or tele partner for the past 18 months. Would really like to find someone who is competent at being in the backcountry and would be down for some weekend tours ( I work a 9-5 M-F type job). I am not interesting in doing anything that would involve roping up or using cramp ons. But it would be great to find someone who would like to explore some of the steep lines available on Mt Hood. I live in Portland and it would be cool to find someone to share a ride with, but am also fine with meeting someone at the base of the ski. Let me know if you are interested, already thinking of heading out again this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I also live in Portland, and do a lot of AT skiing on and around Mt Hood. Ive been looking to meet more people so i can more safely hit the steeper slopes in the white river canyon and above timothy lake. I work regular business hours, but when there's good snow, i try to take advantage. I took a basic Avy 1 course two years ago. You can email me at kayaking@gmail.com. Thanks for your post. --Ian