New to the Seattle area and I need to climb!

907climber

Hi there everybody. I recently moved to Seattle from Anchorage, and I am starting my life completely over down here. I don't really know many people and the ones that I do know are not climbers, per se. Climbing has been a serious passion of mine for the past 20 years or so, so you can surmise that I am chomping at the bit to get back on the rock.

A visiting friend of mine took me to Index for my first climbing experience in WA, and all I can say is HOLY SH#T! Such good climbing! So far that is the only place I have climbed in WA, and I understand that the other areas are not quite so fantastic.

Anyhow, I have experience with sport, trad, alpine (though not so much), and ice. I just want to get out and climb, any of the areas, any of the disciplines.

I took a year off of the rope recently, and in the past I have led up into the 12's sport and 11's trad, and its coming back pretty fast. I guess I'm trying to say I am versatile and definitely not a newbie. Hit me up if it sounds interesting to you!

Cheers,

Marc

P.S. If it looks like we may be compatible and you live in the Seattle area, maybe we can share a brew or two together before sharing a rope!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up for climbing most weekends and the occasional after-work session, as the days get longer and it stops raining.

I've been climbing for 7 years and lead sport and trad, have rack, ropes, etc. Out of shape after taking some time off to heal tennis elbow in both elbows, but a safe and sane partner.

I haven't met many climbers since I moved here from Arizona, and I'd love to get out!

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody! I am still in need of a climbing partner who likes climbing trad and possibly alpine. I enjoy sport climbing too, and often head up to Exit 38 after work. My entire rack was stolen and I am in the process of rebuilding it, I've got a good set of draws and a couple cams so far, I'm buying new pieces as fast as I can. I lead about 5.11 sport and 5.10 trad, still knocking the rust off if you know what I mean. I can climb weekends and weekdays as well. So far Index is my favorite crag and I am looking forward to exploring the Cascades as well as the desert. And I've got a vehicle, so no worries there if you do not. I'm looking forward to sending the goods if someone out is too and needs a partner!

Cheers,

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Help me! I still need people to climb with. One of my partners is on vacation out of state for the summer, and I need to get out more often. I've been having an absolute blast climbing at Index lately and I'm always down to go crush that amazing climbing that resides out there. I'm am just as ready to head up the the exits 32 and 38 to get some pitches in, especially after work during the week.

I have done a fair amount of alpine climbing over my time in this trade, and being here surrounded by the Cascades I want to take advantage of all the amazing opportunities we have got. Some objectives of mine are:

Forbidden Peak (several routes there I want to do, NE face, West Ridge, East Ridge, North Ridge, pretty much every major route)

Mount Garfield (23 pitch sport/slab route, "Infinite Bliss")

NE face of Chair Peak (winter route, mixed, AI3)

Thats a good start. I love ice climbing as well, and I can't wait to spend weekends and weekdays up at Leavenworth climbing good ice. Orbit and Outer Space are definitely on my radar as well as Prussik Peak when it comes to Leavenworth.

And lets not forget Washington Pass. I haven't been there yet and I absolutely cannot wait to get up there and start sending the classics!

I am still rebuilding my rack (as 15 years worth of gear was stolen), I have a good 60m rope, 10 draws, a cam, a car, and years of experience climbing and traveling in the mountains. So lets meet up and go climbing!

Marc