• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
PellucidWombat

Partner for N Ridge of Stuart this Fri or Sat

Hey CCers,

The weather last weekend kept me climbing in the CA High Sierra, but I am probably hitching a ride to WA this Thursday (Stuart-pending) and I'm still hoping to do this climb! Especially Friday, but possibly Saturday if the forecast improves.

After going over the details a bit more, I want to attempt this car-to-car from the south.

I will be in the mountains tomorrow night, so if you're able and interested, contact me ASAP.

I'm fine leading all pitches (although sharing is nicer), but I would want a partner who is OK with a lot of simul-climbing and is proficient at following 5.9 trad at a minimum, and physically fit for a long outing!

As for me, my longest continuous push was 39 hrs, I have done a few +10,000 ft gain days and one over 40 miles, I'm solid at 5.9 alpine trad and some 5.10, and for trad this summer I've done the SW Face of Conness in the Sierra (IV-V, 5.10c, leading the 5.10 OW), Beckey-Chouinard on S Howser Tower (leading all the wide, taking the original wide variation), and the NWRR of Half Dome in 1.5 days (following/freeing up to 5.9+ with the overnight pack on). I've done a number of carryovers in the Tetons & Sierra so feel good about climbing with a heavy pack, although I'd want to keep things light for this!

Cheers,

Mark