[TR] Lumiere Ridge 5651' - 6/26/2012

Type E

Trip: Lumiere Ridge 5651' -

Date: 6/26/2012

Trip Report:

On a day that felt much more like November I used the Steven's Pass ski runs to the ridge line. I dropped from the ridgeline to the Mill Creek valley and did a descending traverse until I reached an interesting gully that I used to reached Lumiere Ridge. The way to the summit was guarded by Power Outtage Peak and It didn't look inviting. I backed down the gully and continued my way to Lake Susan Jane. The going was straightforward and soon I found myself at the still frozen lake. I headed South up the steepish gully and quickly made it to the saddle which had a convienent fallen tree to sit on while I decided on my next move. I tried heading direclty to the summit but was thwarted by a short steep icy area and I instead backed down and traversed further South where I found more inviitng terrain. I easliy reached the summit ridge and found it half melted out making an iteresting mix of scrub trees, large rocks and snow. I left my crampons on an was able to reach the summit in short order. I quickly tagged the summit and then retraced my steps back to my approach gully. I had some fear about descending the gully but it ended up being surprisingly straightforward as I quickly make my way to the bottom. I followed my footprints and soon reached the climb back to the ski areas. After taking off my crampons I glissaded down the ski slopes making quick work of the descent.

Still a ton of snow many areas still holding of 10' of snow.

Read the entire story and a few pictures here:

http://alpinelakesaficionado.blogspot.com/2012/06/lumiere-ridge-5651-62612.html

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic