La Sportiva Python Sizing

smithxrandy

After reading up on these, they seemed to suit my bouldering and improving short sport route needs so I was psyched.

However, Im an 11.5 sometimes 11 street shoe, my first shoe .. the Scarpa Techno was a 45 and fit perfect, and the largest size available was 43.5 . I had read to size these small as they will stretch a full size since they are unlined.

Since getting them in the mail, Ive worn them for about 45 minutes to an hour all together in painful 10 minute sessions or so. I am curious as to how painful a downturned shoe like that should be... there is definitely no standing in these guys even half comfortably which makes me feel like edging is going to be impossible

Any advice on fitting aggressive downturned shoes that will occasionally be used for sport routes?

sizing aside, these shoes seem top notch. Great heel fit. Seems to be a lot of spare material in the top of the foot, but then again they seemed to have slip lasted these off boomerangs..

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will stretch considerably, just keep wearing them. My Pythons were to tight to initially get on without a fight, now they climb like a dream, although they are not an all day shoe. Remember these are an unlined leather shoe, unlike a lot of the current rock shoe offerings, they will stretch out more then you think.