FS: Marmot CWM -40 bag and 40 below overboots

StephenBecker

Just got back from Denali and realized I have no use for these items anymore since I'm not going back to Denali again and since I live in California where the weather doesn't get very cold. I'm selling two things: a sleeping bag, and a pair of overboots.

** Sleeping bag **

This is a -40 Marmot CWM Membrane bag that I purchased a month ago from REI (they no longer sell the -40, but REI still sells the -20 F version called the COL Membrane ). The Membrane is aka EQ, and is Marmot's waterproof treatment, which works well in my experience. Full specs available at the Marmot CWM -40 webpage.

I only used the bag for 2 weeks on the mountain, and slept in long underwear and pants and shirt and hat, so there was very little skin-to-bag contact and hence the bag is very clean.

The bag is the regular length, zipper on the right (meaning that when you are lying on your back, zipper is on the left).

The -40 bag was awesome on the mountain. It's 800+ fill, and Marmot's sleeping bags are very conservative on the temperature rating, so this is a warm bag! It weights 4 lbs 8 oz (and 44 oz of down fill). The -20 Col version weights 3 lbs 14 oz (38 oz fill) and is only $60 cheaper. On Denali, our initial loads were 135 lbs / person, and the extra 10 oz of weight in the -40 bag compared to the -20 bag was well worth it.

It's a -40 bag, so it's bulkier than your summer bag of course. I'll include the compression sack that I used.

I bought the bag for $679 just a month ago, and I'm asking $450 for it now.

** Overboots **

I'm selling a pair of Forty Below Purple Haze overboots that I bought a month ago. The retail price is $140, and I'm asking $90. These are the current model -- my friend bought some used Forty Below overboots and it turned out they are an old model, and the neoprene had become stiff and not very stretchy. Not so for these: I hiked in them only once (there are minor crampons scratches that you can see in the photo below) but otherwise used them in camp with booties. I bought these a month ago so everything is still very stretchy.

The Forty Below model was the de facto standard on the mountain. The overboots can be used for several things. They are very nice around camp when you wear down booties or your inner boots in them. They also work with boots and step-in crampons, and allow you to take a lighter (more comfortable!) pair of boots than you would take otherwise.

These overboots are size "large". They fit my double boots, which are size 12.

Below are pictures of the gear. The water bottle is included for size comparison and is not for sale. I'm in SoCal, so this will probably need to be shipped. I can cover shipping.

If interested, send me a PM, or even better, email me at srbecker@caltech.edu.

-Stephen

overboots1.jpg

overboots2.jpg

sleepingbag1.jpg

sleepingbag2.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...