Integral Designs SilShelter

elliottwill

Here is a newish ID Silshelter, perfect for 1 - 2 people with room for a dog or stove. I've slept in it 2 or 3 nights; I'm selling it because I just don't use it much.

1266275519_21323.jpg

Lots of other people do. Backpacker Magazine calls it "the lightest all weather shelter we've seen and a fantasy come true for ounce-counting hikers" (August 1999).

I've seam-sealed it, tied shock-cord loops on all the tie-out points, and sewed matching .25" strips of velcro along the door flaps.

New they're $170. I'd like $115. If that sounds crazy, make me an offer. I'm looking for a 30 -40L pack under 24 oz.

Here are the specs:

"The Silshelter is an ultralight siliconized nylon tarp, specially shaped to set up on a hiking pole as a two person stand-alone shelter.

"The non slip drawcorded pole cup holds a hiking pole in place at the reinforced apex. There is also a second pole cup in the center rear of the shelter. There are 21 webbing tie outs on corners and edges (one on the outside of the pole cup to enable suspension from a tree), and 3 webbing tie loops on the body of the tarp.

"The front entrance flaps can be left open for ventilation or overlapped and staked for a weather tight closure. The Silshelter has no zippers.

Length: 9' (2.75m)

Width: 5' (1.5m)

Height: 3.5 ft (1m) at apex

Weight: 16.5 oz (470g)

Capacity: 2 person

Packed Size: 4"x 8" (10 x 20cm) Silcoat stuff sack."

Edited by elliottwill

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days