La Sportiva Tango Alp?

RokIzGud

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have owned the Trango S EVO gtx, and I now own the Trango Alp. I sold the Trango S after a few outings b/c I bought them a bit too small. I got the Trango Alp b/c they seemed to be a bit more durable, but they do weigh a few ounces more. As far a fit and flex go, the two boots seemed the same to me. Also, the sole on the Alp is a bit more aggressive with deeper grooves.

As best as I can determine, the Trango Alp Gtx has at least somewhat of a leather upper (perhaps a bit more durable), while the Trango Evo S Gtx has an all synthetic upper and consequently less weight. The vibram soles on the two models have a different rubber compound and slightly different lug pattern.

I had two pairs, one for my son and for myself. Both leaked after a week. I returned them to GORE for testing and both were found to be defective. GORE gave us a free replacement of any boot we wanted based upon GORE'S 100% satisfaction guarantee. Las Sportiva said they wouldn't do anyuthing.