Camp Vector Nanotech Crampons

dan_e

Moved from original post on "Stainless Steel Crampons"

As promised an update on the Vector Nanotechs after first use, which sadly has only been on rock.

PROS:

1) Weight. As in lack of...these are the lightest, technical steel crampons made. They are even lighter than the Darts which are pretty damn light.

2) Durability. The Nano-engineered steel is not BS. The points show no significant sign of wear after climbing four rock routes at the Squak crag. The front points are showing some wear, but they are most likely made of CrMo.

3) Quality. Fit and finish is excellent. Easy no tool adjustment for size.

4) Extras. Nice custom case, tools and spacers included. Yes if you order the dual points for $4 extra you get two spare points when you convert to Mono's.

5) Rust free! It's nice to finally own a pair of crampons that won't rust.

CONS:

1) Price. At $255 retail these could be the most expensive crampons ever made, ouch! At least you know you're paying extra for the bomber materials.

2) Flexy center bars. I noticed this before climbing, but not during so not sure if it will be an issue. I need to get them on ice to learn more.

Summary: I found these to be the most precise crampons I've ever used on rock, even more than the Darts in my opinion. I only climbed up to M4+ with them, however I was testing them so I intentionally used tiny holds and used them on a variety of climbs. So far so good, the next post will be about their ice performance, hopefully that will be soon.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic