Ingalls Creek

AlpineMonkey

Looking forward...

Today little birdies were chirping outside my window and the weather seemed quite warm. I'm starting to look forward to some nice rock. At the end of the summer last year I posted, probably somewhat lacking of details, on some climbing up Ingalls Creek. I thought I would add a little more details now.

For those wanting to avoid the crowds, seek some adventure, and do some quality rock climbing, this place is for you...Exactly 7 miles up the Ingalls Creek trail (off Bluett Pass) is a superb granite wall. For me, I consider myself relativly fit, the hike in takes only 2 hours and 10 minutes. Here you will find a perfect cozy camp next to Ingalls Creek. The wall which I named "Cascade Wall" is directly above the camp, 15 min walk up the hill. The climbing is comparable to the multipitch climbs on Careno Cragg in leavenworth, perhaps Pearly Gates, and I could even compare it to Snow Creek Wall. Perfectly clean, solid crack climbing. We put a total of 5 routes on the wall, ranging from 5.8 - 5.11. The one 5.11 crack is the most amazing crack anyone could ever climb, perhaps the coolest and cleanest crack I have ever climbed in my life. Above our little 2-3 pitch wall is another wall that offers similar quality climbing, but much harder. Full pitch 5.11 and harder, completly sustained finger cracks.

I hope some of you can find some enjoyment up here.

The approach:

DSCN8838.jpg

The lower wall:

DSCN8946.jpg

The Camp:

DSCN8839.jpg

The Scene:

DSCN8970.jpg

The Details:

cascadewall1.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was kind of nice to put our stuff in when we were climbing, etc. Keeps things dry, keeps the mice out, and keeps things neat. Plus, it made my pack 35 gallons bigger. You should try it!

I'm done climbing on this wall, I think. This season I am going to focus on repeating and hopefully some new lines on the wall right above mine. Where you top out on the cascade wall, you walk up the hill 5 min and there is a wall about 2-3 times as big. Pete D has done a bunch of routes on that one. The lines are amazing looking. You can also do a 20-30 min walk up the hill and avoid climbing the lower wall to acess the big one.

The nightmare needles are right above all this stuff two, which is another spectacular spot, but a bit of a butt kicker to get up the hill. I hope at least somebody after seeing this post goes and plays on the Cascade Wall and maybe explores the upper wall. Its just so cool.

We've also done a bunch of climbs all along the Ingalls Crk. Trail leading to this spot at the various cliffs you pass on the way, but that stuff is no where near as spectacular as this "7 mile" stuff.

All climbs were done w/ Conor Byrne, Stuart Thompson, Pete Doorish, Denise Soderberg.