Deep Water Soloing - Spain

sampdx

I'm planning a trip to France to see family and am thinking about doing some DWS off of Majorca, Spain while I'm over there. Does anyone know if there are any intermediate routes or if the grades are all around 5.12? I prefer easier (5.7 to 5.10) *fun* routes, as opposed to difficult technical routes, for my first time. Also, if the DWS routes on Majorca are all stiff, any info on other DWS locations fairly close to France will be appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you thinking of coming to Spain. It's might be best from what I've heard to DWS in the spring. The Med is cold in the winter. Mallorca of course is good, but I believe there are cliffs in Valencia and Alicante. Your might try Andalucia and maybe Malaga. Try typing in psicobloc in google.

As for grades, 5.7 to 5.10 deep water soloing might just be plain dangerous. You want something overhanging enough that you'll fall back into the water, and typically the safer routes will be harder cause they are overhanging. Mu guess is that most will start around 7a or 11d/12a. I'll try to write more later and talk to some folks as I don't have much time now.

Edited by TimL