Two Important Madrone Events

elaine

I've posted the info in Access Forum as well, but the more viewings the better. For more details, go to the Access Forum.

Two very important events are listed below! Please attend if you can!

Public Input Meeting regarding the Madrone Wall

Wednesday August 6th at Still Meadow Community Center

http://www.stillmeadowcommunity.com/about/getting_here.php

The meeting is from 6pm to 8pm, and it is OK if you show up a little late. This will be the first of Three public meetings as Clackamas Co seeks public input for this site as it goes through their Master Planning process. Your attendance is important!

I will be leaving downtown Lake Oswego at 5:30 sharp from work. If you want to carpool with me from there, feel free. You can take the #35 bus from PSU area to get to Lake O. Carpooling is essential as parking at Still Meadow is somewhat limited.

The second event will be the first clean up of the site on September 27th from 10am -1pm. We will be removing invasive species ( ivy, blackberry, scotch broom, etc) and picking up whatever trash is out there. We will not be doing anything with bolts or anchors. Tonia Burns from the Clackamas Co. Natural Resources Team will be out there helping us.

Meet at the Carver Community School by 9:45 for Carpooling to the site. Address is 16077 SE Hwy 224 Clackamas, OR 97015

Please do not drive there yourself and park along 224 or 197th. Bring whatever tools you have for ivy removal, and your own work gloves. They are only a couple of bucks at Fred Meyer. Bring the kids. There will be something for everyone to do. It may also still be dry, so stinging hornets and insects might be an issue if you are allergic.

The kind folks at Climb Max will be doing another BBQ afterwards. These folks have really supported access issues and clean ups, so remember to support them.

Many thanks!

Kellie

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A gentle reminder about the meeting next Wednesday.

This will be the first of 3 public input meetings that the Madrone will be having as it completes the Master Plan this summer and fall.

Please carpool to the Still Meadow Center, as parking is somewhat limited. I'll be leaving from downtown Lake O at 5:30 sharp, and the #35 bus from PSU can get you there. Contact me if you want a ride.

Directions to the meeting are here:

http://www.stillmeadowcommunity.com/about/getting_here.php

The meeting is from 6-8:00. It's OK if you show up late. Showing up late is better than not showing up at all. The last time Clackamas County set up a public meeting for recreationalists back in 2005, only about 70 folks showed up and those that did show were not all climbers. I'm sure that there are at least 70 people that would like to have access to the Madrone.

Please don't assume that plenty of people will just show up and help represent you. If you cannot come, please send your comments to:

Katie Dunham at kdunham@co.clackamas.or.us

Chris VanDuzer at chrisv@co.clackamas.or.us

Bill mentioned something about a get together at a pub afterwards. I'll be headed to NE PDX after the meeting. Any suggestions? Kennedy School? Lucky Lab in SE?