seattle based day trip recommendations

jesselillis

my bc ski trip this weekend was cancelled.

im looking for recommednations for day trips that won't involve much avy risk/exposure. i'm new to the area as of this summer, so i've been relying on mountaineer trips to find out what people do/where they go in the winter.

im pretty well versed in snow travel, avy I, bc skiing, scrambling, ice climbing etc. have gear for most anything of the sort.

forum recommendations, pm's, or website urls welcomed.

or- if you are seattle based, have a fun trip planned tomorrow, and are interested in having one more along, that would be stellar as well

thanks

j

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some suggestions for skiing:

Kendall Stump at Snoqualmie Pass. In Martin Volken's backcountry skiing snoqualmie pass book.

At Crystal Mt. ski area, you can tour up past the Quicksilver lift, up a cat track at the top of the lift and into Silver Basin. This is a nice bowl, though steep & corniced along much of its ridge. It's accessible from the ski area and gets some control work plus lots of downhill traffic although somewhat fresh & good turns may be had even a few days after a storm. Check w/patrol regarding access.

Heather ridge, opposite Stevens Pass ski area. Ski up the ridge, lots of options for turns depending on stability.

Yodelin, a few miles east of Stevens Pass, used to be a ski area, and is now frequented by BC users.

If you haven't found it already, check out the turns-all-year website.