[TR] Ingall's Peak - East Ridge and South Face 8/23/2007

powdrx

Trip: Ingall's Peak - East Ridge and South Face

Date: 8/23/2007

Trip Report:

My buddy Scott and I went out to the Trailhead Wednesday night hoping to enjoy some mid-week solitude. We left the car at 5:30 and took a break at Ingall's Lake at 7:30. The start of the East Ridge is pretty obvious and we just scrambled up to the first notch and then roped up. I took the first pitch past a few neat moves and stopped just short of the next notch. We moved past the notch and Scott sent out on the 2nd and I took the 3rd, getting us to the "crux" pitch. Both these were mostly 4th class, but we just pitched them anyway. Scott sent the top pitch and we summited at 11:30. We did 2-30m raps down the South Face, then re-racked and quickly climbed the top two pitches of the South Face. The middle 5.6 crack was pretty fun!! But since we weren't done yet, we decided to get our rope stuck on rappel, so Scott climbed the top pitch again just for good measure. 3 raps later, we packed up and cruised down to the lake for some post summit medication!!! A quick hike out got us to the car at 4:20 for some frosty Sparks cooling in the river.

This was a fun day out and both routes made it all worth while. No pics cause my batteries were dead, but everyone knows what Ingalls looks like!!!

Gear Notes:

60m rope, Cams 3,2,1,1, Orange and Red Alien, Orange and Yellow TCU and nuts= Plenty. Forgot the Tri-cams and they would have been useful... but both routes are pretty straightforward!! Good times!!

Approach Notes:

Walk in, climb, walk out. No snow so follow the trail!!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic