FS - Bibler Big Wall I Tent, Used Prototype - $450

crotch

The Big Wall I-tent is a beefed up version of the standard 2-door I-tent and is made to perfectly integrate on a double BD Skylounge portaledge. I don't know how well it fits onto other brands' double ledges. The tubing on my BD Double Sylounge measures 84" x 42" (external dimensions) but the tent can be squished a bit in length or width to fit ledges that are slightly smaller.

Weight

Tent: 6lbs, 8oz

Stuff Sack: 4 oz

Because the tent is a prototype, it isn't warranted by Bibler. There is a tear in the material that covers the outside of the clip-in loop which was previously repaired with Seam Grip, but needs to be repaired again. Duct tape or ripstop nylon repair tape would probably take care of the job. You can see the extent of the tear in the pictures.

Picture 1: Big Wall I-tent pitched on double BD Skylounge

(click on photo for larger version)

1025101663_b936655f35_m.jpg

Picture 2: Reinforced corners on side closest to the wall resist abrasion (click on photo for larger version)

1025959778_7b48ce7fdb_m.jpg

Picture 3: Un-reinforced corners on the side not in contact with the rock for weight savings. You can also see the clip-in loop on the top of the tent. (click on photo for larger version)

1025962194_90d78546cf_m.jpg

Picture 4: Clip-in loop on the inside of tent (click on photo for larger version)

1025961034_db544b567c_m.jpg

Picture 5: Tear in clip-in loop covering (click on photo for larger version)

1025960724_eeadc56e9b_m.jpg

Picture 6: Portaledge shark fins (red) passing through tent floor and tensioned to clip-in loop. You can also see the I-tent shark fins in yellow on the right side of the photo which keep the guy sleeping on the outside of the ledge from putting too much pressure on the outside wall of the ledge. (click on photo for larger version)

1025100585_c31330c0f6_m.jpg

Picture 7: Prototype no warranty (click on photo for larger version)

1025104079_3d9cb7420a_m.jpg

Picture 8: Made in the USA (click on photo for larger version)

1058764082_a625c70801_m.jpg

Picture 9: Big Wall I-tent (click on photo for larger version)

1025959434_cf2c5f5532_m.jpg

Asking $450 + $30 S/H

Email y o a v at p o b o x dot c o m

keywords: tent i-tent itent expedition 4season 4-season bigwall big wall climbing waterproof portaledge breathable yellow 2person 2-person two person four season singlewall single-wall single wall toddtex

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic