[TR] mt hood - gates 6/11/2007

joblo7

Trip: mt hood - gates

Date: 6/11/2007

Trip Report:

made a pilgrimage to hood. mon 6/11

she is a cutie! short, sweet, with a mean streak, i'm told.first time i ascended a ski hill. after avoiding the snowboard park i headed straight up the groomed runs.....!wore running shoes to triangle rock-bus-stop campsite.(9500?)pitched tent for 2 nites in high winds for added discomfort.woke tues morning around 6 and getting ready, i foiled ckouba's attempts at pilfering my food supply.semi joined him later to solo the right side of pearly (rocky) gates.sweet 60% ice . perfect summit conditions . views of all surrounding peaks.i go back to my cave-dwelling-thought-management-exercises in a nite of 40 - 60 mph winds.wake up to wind and cloud and decide not to 'conquer'the mountain again.by 8am i start down the ski hill with 50 lbs training pack and discover kneepain. switch to glissading on pebble-like-sandpaper-ice-groomed-hill . annoying, yes, yet better than downslogging.45 min later i enter the lodge to frowning gazes of richy prospective noobs.i feel my pants bottom to assess damage. .mmmmm. holes... in the bathroom i remove and raise my old goretex pants to find i have a g-string left!!! effin cheeks are gone!! . wearing a jacket on my hips i buy a pair o pants at the gift shop.i eat a bit and leave a happy man. my eyes have seen her , she has welcomed me and given me her all.i humbly ascended ..hood is cool.

Gear Notes:

6000m-td route-set up.(not necessary)

Approach Notes:

minivan

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i enter the lodge to frowning gazes of richy prospective noobs.i feel my pants bottom to assess damage. .mmmmm. holes... in the bathroom i remove and raise my old goretex pants to find i have a g-string left!!! effin cheeks are gone!!

"At three in the afternoon, they arrived at the outskirts of Stromness Station. They had traveled for thirty-six hours without rest. Their bearded faces were black with blubber smoke, and their matted hair, clotted with salt, hung almost to their shoulders. Their filthy clothes were in tatters; in vain Worsley had tried to pin together the seat of his trousers, shredded in their glissade down the mountain. Close to the station they encountered the first humans outside their own party they had set eyes on in nearly eighteen months--two small children, who ran from them in fright."

You have glissaded in the mighty company of Shackleton and his men.