Alpine Rock - June 8-24

Howdy, Folks.

I'm going to escape some Utah heat and go climb some big routes / a few peaks this June. I'm pretty interested in Dragontail Peak (a 5.8 & a 5.9 route, 2000+ feet) and Outer Space, Liberty Bell (Beckey's or the Crack) and, you know, climbing in general. If alpine rock and peaks sound like your kind of party, let me know.

-Tom Slater

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm game for a twosome or a party, either one. Looks like there is a 5.8 and a 5.9 route, 5.9 being much more sustained in difficulty.

I'd love to join you in July but, unfortunately, I'll be back to work in Utah by then.

Speaking of work, I'm going into the field today and won't be in touch again until next wednesday.

Keep in touch. I'm looking at june 8 - 24 as my timeframe for being in the northwest. If you want, we could try and firm up some dates before I get to Olympia and have a go at it. I've led lots and lots of 5.8, moving into 5.9 cracks. Done lots of multipitch, mostly around Seneca Rocks in West Virginia and lots of single-pitching around Moab.

Let me know.

-Tom

If either of you guys are looking for an extra partner or for someone to alternate for any of those dates let me know. I have a flexible schedule, good experience, and I'm looking to get as many routes in this spring as possible.

Post or PM if interested,

Aaron