Fitting Intuitions in Arctis Expes

bearman14

Hey,

I'm going to be fitting a pair of Intuition liners into my Koflach Arctis Expes, and I was wondering if anyone here has had good/bad experiences with working around the heel cup. I've seen some suggestions for plastic, or blue foam, but if you've tried something, and it worked well or bombed, can you let me know? Thanks.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearman - I had my Intuitions fitted at the Intuition warehouse in Vancouver. They filled the heel cup with a piece of hard closed cell foam and suggested that I glue it in place although I ended up just using duct tape so I can take the foam out if I ever want to use the standard liners (in warmer conditions for example).

They recommended against just letting the intuition foam liner fill the heel cup because it is a waste of foam that is better off insulating somewhere else in the shell.

maybe would have been better to use a pad, but I can't feel the edge at all and the foam seems to just spread out there. we're talking about a very small space. i certainly dont notice any cold spots. I mean the foam doesn't migrate from heel to toe or anything.

but if the intuition folks suggest something as simple as a piece of cut foam, why not?

Thanks for the suggestions folks. For what it's worth, I ended up finding some 1/4 inch felt at my hardwear store that I was able to cut to size. A little sticky velcro holds it down nicely as well. It's a little less compressable than the closed-cell foam I was trying. I haven't fit the liners into the boot yet, but even with just my sock in the shell, it feels not too bad.