Climb Hood from Timberline this weekend,1/12-1/13

CraterCraver

I have climbed Hood a couple of times in spring conditions, and have wanted to try it under easy conditions (route + weather) in winter. A friend and I want to give it a go this weekend, but since neither of us has winter-climbing experience, we thought we would see if anyone more experienced would like to join the fun either tomorrow or Sunday (yeah, late notice, but we wanted to make sure the weather/avalanche-conditions looked decent).

Let us know today (Friday) if you want to join the trip.

My buddy and I are in pretty decent shape since we each completed about 15-20 climbs in '06 (incl., between us: Shasta, Adams, Rainier, Hood, North/Middle Sisters, Three Finger Jack, Broken Top, Rainier), but we are used to joining climbs with a more experienced leader, as opposed to being a lead climber in charge. But hey, we are learning.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How'd it go? Seemed like a good wknd for climbing. I'm also in decent shape w/several non-tech & semi-tech climbs under my belt and looking for leader/mentor. However, hard to find, and thus I'm hoping to team up w/others in my boat for at least some good winter climbing&skiing. Not a chick and not an a-hole. Living in Portland.