[TR] Silver Star- Ski Descent 5/3/2006

Climb: Silver Star-Ski Descent

Date of Climb: 5/3/2006

Trip Report:

I wasn’t going to do a trip report for this since we saw a few other tracks in the area and I figured someone else would do it. Anyway, it’s been almost a week so here you go.

Drew, Kendall, and I left the car at about 7:30 in the morning from the pullout. A group of 2 and one guy alone were ahead of us. We put our skis and crampons on once we crossed the street and started up. After about an hour of staying high and left of the creek we were able to see our objective.

4744IMGP2563-med.JPG

From here it’s very strait forward. Just follow the creek until it gets steep and find a place to cross. Trend to the right to avoid the very steep slopes until you can make a long traverse to get under the furthest shoot.

4744traverse-med.JPG

starting up4744following_track-med.JPG

We found it very icy most of the way and had to take our skis off for a short time due to icing of our skins. The other group and the guy alone boot-packed the last 800ft.

4744icy_switch_back-med.JPG

The view was great at the top of the saddle.

4744looking_out-med.JPG

The ski down was so fun I only took 2 pictures. We followed our track down. We looked at the shoot to skiers left but it was so steep we couldn’t see the slope and it was still in the shade and was probably still rock hard.

4744ski_down_2-med.JPG

Back at the car by 1:30.

Gear Notes:

Standard touring gear w/crampons, rope and harness unused.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic