I told Y'all

telemarker

I knew it. My cynicism about "winter" (of course, technically it isn't winter yet)thus far is bearing true. High Pressure is dominating. I originally predicted no snow till Christmas. But now I'm revising it and saying we'll be lucky if we're making turns in WA by January. Freezing level 11,000 feet?! And don't give me any crap about there being skiing on the Muir bunnyhill. I'm talking about real terrain and about the deep stuff WA used to be known for, right outside your car door. Welcome to Winter in the 21st century. Oh, and careful, the sky is falling!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

The weather this weekend? Perfect for climbing my friend. As for this winter, forgetaboutit. Come September/October, there's going to be a lot of complaining about snowpack. Any precip we get from here on out will be warm and followed by rain, just as it has been all winter. Who cares, right? It's all a big cycle anyway. Get a few descents on the volcanos next month, enjoy the sun, and start climbing. Snow will be suncupped by end of April, stumps and rock showing. It's all good. Anyone interested in skiing Mt. Baker next month? Easton Gl.? North side route?