John Zazzara - Update

mrd

Hello everyone,

We are lucky to join a year 2006. Sadly, our friend and climbing partner John Zazzara was not that fortunate. I miss him very much, and am sure many of you who knew him share my feeling.

I dedicated a website in John Zazzara’s memory and perhaps you would like to drop a few words in his Guest Book about your experiences with John, or maybe have additional pictures or stories that would enrich his memorial website, or just spend a few minutes and browse the pages to learn about him.

http://JohnZazzara.worldofadventures.com/

For those who did not know John Zazzara, he was a great guy, a very good friend and climbing partner sharing his mountaineering knowledge and gear with anyone. He organized enormous number of mountaineering trips and invited whoever wanted to go. He was very passionate about what he was doing. He conquered many mountains in North and South Americas as well as in Europe. His craziness to ice let him bring new mountaineers to the exciting and expending in popularity vertical ice-climbing activity. He went for many trips solo, but most often loved to climb with others. He died, however, alone on Mt. McLoughlin (OR) in June 2005.

I’m going to celebrate John’s incoming birthday, which is on 16 of January, somewhere on Mt Whitney.

Thanks a lot and climb safe,

Marek Damm

Friend of John’s

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic