Mt. Ranier July 15th and 16th

sunhiker

Looking to add experience to our party. So far we have three guys signed up, all fairly new to this but really enjoying it. Plan on taking what ever rout RMI is using Ingrahm Direct or Disappointment Cleaver. Nothing fancy we just want to summit and back down in one piece. We all live in Bothell and a few training secions will be necessary before wo go up or on the morning of. If you have not been training or are in bad shape, please don't respond. Please let me know if you are interested in joining our little party.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in joining your guys' group but in your post you mentioned experience which I do not have alot of. I'm on Vancouver Island in Comox so meeting to train with you guys could be a problem but I am descent shape. I am trying to find someone to summit Rainier with as it one of my goals for the summer but I don't have a climbing partner yet as I just arrived on the west coast a few weeks ago . if your interested in letting me tag along just send me off an email. Thanks Tim

I might be interested if I can find a cheap flight. I've taken mountaineering and crevasse rescue classes and done a few weeklong ski mountaineering trips: http://www.pbase.com/kayak777/alaska_august_2004&page=all

I've also skied from Camp Muir a number of times when I lived in Seattle. Already in good shape. As I'm on the east coast, pretrip get togethers would be a problem. It would be good to review rope travel and crevasse rescue ahead of time. Maybe do that Friday and climb Sat/Sun?

Have any of you climbed in the cascades before?