[TR] South Brother- 6/3/2004

colt45

Climb: South Brother-

Date of Climb: 6/3/2004

Trip Report:

Scrambled up the south brother via the easy route. There is still enough snow to make for a fun outing.

trip report here

It looks like a traverse from south to north could be continued along an impressive-looking rock ridge (right side of this photo.) Anyone know about it?

Gear Notes:

ice axe, sandwiches.

Approach Notes:

No snow on the trail.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link, but isn't that TR "just" a traverse between the two peaks (which looks awesome in itself)? I meant continuing the traverse beyond the north peak along the rock ridge. In the photo linked above (taken from the summit of the south brother) the north brother is in the center of the photo and a ridge continues to the right.

I believe the ridge continuation you are referring to beyond the North Peak is the arm that comes off directly east of the brothers. It seperates the Cliff Creek drainage to its north, from the East Fork of Lena Creek on the south.

Interstingly your photo shows, I believe, the backside of St. Peter's Dome beyong the ridge in question. The Brothers first ascent came from that direction (Duckabush).