AAC Survey

willstrickland

Hey kidz,

My friend and climbing partner from grad school is conducting some research on climbing and the family aspects of climbing as stressors. The study is funded by an American Alpine Club research grant, and details are in the latest AAC e-newsletter. If you have some free time, I encourage you to visit the survey on-line (info below) and fill it out. This is not a "school project", but academic research. My friend Mike and I may well be the only two committed climbers pursuing a career in Rec and Park Admin academia. Mike currently teaches at Christopher Newport College in Virginia Beach. The link and info is below. Thanks in advance.

The info: AAC Survey Once there, select "Visit as a

guest." You will then find instructions followed by the questionnaire. Please read all of the instructions before you begin. The questionnaire may take up to 30 minutes to complete. You should also note that this questionnaire is

completely confidential, and your responses are anonymous

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's him, from Fredricksburg, VA originally. I was the guy he was supposed to be meeting in Seattle to climb with for a while and then he landed that Amsterdam gig while I was in the valley. I got all the way to Tacoma before I got the news. That was ok though because as you know also on that course was a kid named Jamie Harris...young long haired kid also from the DC metro/VA area...you remember him? Well he and I headed to the valley together and he's been one of the best partners I've ever had. I pushed him from leading 5.8 to leading .10a in a 3 week period. And, finally, he's my partner for the valley and more starting in about a month. We'll be back up this way when the heat hits the valley...

Yep ... now I totally remember the stories of Mike bailing and headed to euro and leaving you with Jamie. Good guys ... but I think they got a little tired of all my Johnny Cash they had to listen to. Wish I could climb full time this summer. If and when you and Jamie pass back through, drop me a line and maybe we can hit Beacon or head north.

Michael Sean White. Did I climb with this guy in the North Cascades a couple of summers ago before he left for Amsterdam or something like that? I think he was from North Caroline or Virginia ... used to teach a ropes course or something way back when. Just curious.