Any GoLite Trek users?

Pencil_Pusher

I guess I'm late asking, I've already bought one. I read a couple of reviews online but was wondering if anyone else had one? A search of prior posts yielded good info on the GoLite products and mindset in general...

It's something like two pounds five ounces for a 5500ish ci frameless pack. The Gust was half the weight but no frills. The Trek only has one ice axe loop, but then I'm not the ice man so one is fine. They're a good deal at Second Ascent, they're selling for $70 which is way cheaper than anywhere else, even online. Even the Gust was selling for $70... whoops, I mean both packs were $69.95 rolleyes.gif The small ones were selling for $35.

The good, bad and ugly, por favor?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one this summer from PMS. I haven't taken it on an overnite yet; I took it up Shasta, and a couple of other one-day outings.

It's certainly light, and I like the side pockets and the platypus pocket. The top pocket is a pain in the ass, though. My rational for the top pocket is to put the small heavy stuff I want to be able to get to conveniently -- headlamp, glasses, sunscreen, etc, etc. But the top pocket is connected only with straps, and so if the pack isn't really full, it doesn't stay up there properly, it falls over on the side. I sewed a velcro strip on there, and that helped some, but if the pack isn't very full, it feels more secure to just remove the top pocket and stash it inside the pack.

I used mine for a 5 day backpacking/climbing trip in the enchantments a month or so ago. Pack was super-full and loaded with about 50-60 lbs worth of crap (ropes, rack, etc) and it actually carried very well, considering that it was overloaded by 10-20lbs. I didn't use stuff sacks for anything, and it filled up quick enough to support the top pouch. Best frameless pack I've used so far (osprey pack was the other). Better load carrying than many framed packs I've owned, when packed correctly. Happy with it so far.