Pershing?

yellowdog

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is a good time to start thinking about it. We did this in July a few years ago from the valley south and got pretty soaked in the brush crash toward lake Ellinor. Bivied on the west ridge--scenic spot with no water but a few beers--and navigated the easiest line to the upper snow ledges the next morning. We're socked in on the small summit. Take care when descending in low visibility. There are a few options from the south side, and I believe we joined route 1 at approx. 5000'. The upper mountain is very fun. Do it early to avoid the approach jungle--stay out of the stream. An ascent of "paradise valley" route of Washington can also be made from this area.

Give yourself 5 hours from the parking area at the hairpin to the summit in good visibility.

Thanks for the beta. I wanted to go yesterday (Sat) but my partner whimped out. He needs perfect weather and a view. I did the Ellinor - Washington traverse last weekend. Excellent snow conditions with occaisional white out. That is what yesterday probably would have been like. I was thinking route 5 or 6. This mountain strikes me as a good early season climb. It looks like bushwacking hell once most of the snow is gone.