The La Sportiva Spantik is one of the very best cold weather technical climbing boots currently made. It is built..
Tag Archives: Scarpa
Search Gear Prices
Recent Blog Posts
- [TR] Tenpeak and Kololo- or Witness to Vanishing Ice - Standards 09/01/2019 September 13, 2019Trip: Tenpeak and Kololo- or Witness to Vanishing Ice - Standards Trip Date: 09/01/2019 Trip Report: The Cascades have become a bit of a gong show in recent years, and much more so on holiday weekends. This was on full display the Saturday of Labor Day weekend as @therunningdog and I slogged up the North […]
- [TR] Alpine Lakes Wilderness - Thunder Robin High Route 09/07/2019 September 13, 2019Trip: Alpine Lakes Wilderness - Thunder Robin High Route Trip Date: 09/07/2019 Trip Report: I did some off trail exploration, connecting the high terrain between Thunder Mountain Lakes and the Robin Lakes. I found the terrain to be surprisingly rugged and remote feeling, despite never being more than a mile or two from the PCT. […]
- [TR] Mt Cleator - Tubby Needs Cheese 5.8+, 9 pitches, 1,000'+ 09/01/2019 September 4, 2019Trip: Mt Cleator - Tubby Needs Cheese 5.8+, 9 pitches, 1,000'+ Trip Date: 09/01/2019 Trip Report: It's been a spell since my last report; I offer a tale of an ascetic and a hedonist climbing yet another irrelevant obscurity in their quest for entertainment and raw truth. The weather forecast pointed them east, and Mt […]
- Middle Sister - Pole Creek Route September 3, 2019Heading out for middle sister in two weeks via Pole Creek. I know its late season. Trying assess whether travel on hayden glacier makes any sense, or if its best to stay to the right of the glacier.
- [TR] Indian Himalayas (Thailand too) - multiple 07/15/2019 August 30, 2019Trip: Indian Himalayas (Thailand too) - multiple Trip Date: 07/15/2019 Trip Report: My wife and I spent 2 months in Asia (1 mo India, 1 mo Thailand and Cambodia) this summer. Most of the trip was non-climbing, but we did get to do some cragging and got into the Zanskar region of the Hiumalaya for […]