Madrone Wall (OR) - Seeking Expert Trail Builders

elaine

Hello Climbers,

Keith and I met with some key folks yesterday evening around trail building, bolt/anchor replacement, and minimal landscape improvements around the new parking area.

A couple of folks from the Trailkeepers of Oregon joined us and will be going out there in the next few weeks to flag a trail from the parking lot up to the wall.

Keith and I are looking for some expert trail builders who could direct and support a small group of volunteers as they improve your designated section of trail. If you have ever been to a Smith Rock Spring Thing, we want to do something similar. We are looking at the first 3 weekends in November ( 5/6, 12/13 & 19/20) to build trails and do some planting. We want to get as much done as possible because of the nesting peregrines and the Feb 1st closure. (I personally love the birds, but I wish they would leave and find a new place to breed!)

Our local ASCA rep (Micah) will be out there with his crew in the coming weeks to replace any unsafe/recalled hardware, too.

Please send me a message, reply to this post, or go to our Madrone FB page if you would like to be a crew leader for a section of trail.

Many thanks!

Kellie Rice

President, Madrone Wall Preservation Committee

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic