I feel the need, the need for...

Pencil_Pusher

Have thought of doing the Stevens-to-Snoqualmie "dayer," or sumthun like that. How long does it usually take, and is it a "reasonable" day trip going light? Distance?

Once thought to do the Wonderland in a day...but then thought a 3 day early Sept trip would be more enjoyable. No or little snow, except for the E side, and not too cold. Would take 1 bag for 2 people, and a bibler. Nuts, sandwiches, and the carbos, but no stove to save weight (polar pure instead). Other ideas for lightweight travel you've been using??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the record, I think Timmy's right. Seems to me it's like between 20-21...done a few years back.

There's a regular group of runners who do a 3-day supported "run" round the mountain every August. I'm sure this group's got the tabs on who's got the actual record time.

Stevens to Snoqualmie on the PCT is something like 62 miles. I don't have any figures on elevation gain and loss. This would be easier as a one day event, since you could probably do it dawn to dusk in June or July (if you moved fast).

I emailed Krissy Moehl of Montrail about Wonderland Trail times, and she mentioned that group that does it in 3 days, but I don't have their names and haven't contacted them. Probably worth doing if anyone is going to seriously go after this as a goal. Ever since yesterday morning, when I thrashed myself running up and down Chuckanut Mountain twice in 3 hours, I've been less than fully enthusiastic about a 93 mile ultra-suffer fest. I guess it depends on how fast I recover.

• 3 weeks later...

I did the Chuckanut 50K yesterday, which has further diminished my enthusiasm to go after a 24 hour Wonderland circuit. 31 miles in 5 hours was a suffer-fest extraordinaire. It's amusing to read my own post of a few weeks ago, when I claimed to have thrashed myself on the 18 mile trail portion, because by yesterday I was already looking at that training run through rose-colored glasses, thinking I had felt more or less fine afterwards. Well, if by a few weeks from now I have become delusional about the self-inflicted punishment I endured yesterday, I can go back to this thread to jog my memory.