• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Sam Cannon

advice wanted

Getting pretty antsy to have an extended international experience. I'm an experienced bartender (cocktail/wine/beer etc) and have held numerous serving positions. I know that doesn't open a whole lot of financial possibilities for me, but was wondering if there was a country y'all would recommend I'd check out. Bonus points for specific cities.

I could learn Spanish as I have somewhat of a base.

I speak Polish, but don't really want to live there.

France.

The hostel I stayed at in Chamonix was "run" by Brits (cute gals as well from what I remember!) over there for the summer. I bet there would be a fair amount of summer work in those types of situations.

Cool climbing with tons of culture and easy access to all of Europe.

Germany seems to have the loosest immigration laws in Western Europe. My folks have retired and spend a good part of the year in France, and have talked about moving there. My dad said as long as you don't want to try to get a job or be a drain on their social welfare network, you can move there fairly easily. In other words, if you are independently wealthy...

My wife and I looked into moving to New Zealand when we were younger, and it looked pretty doable, but we both had in demand skills (civil engineer and software developer) and assets.

I've heard that if you want to live in Chamonix, the way to do it is on a student visa and then find some job working under the table.