Looking for climbing partners in Seattle

Midwestbuddha

I am looking for climbing partners in the Seattle area! I dont have any friends that are interested in climbing, so I'm planning on joining a climbing gym as it was recommended to me as a great place to meet other climbers. On top of that I'm also giving this site a shot as well.

I've became obsessed with the mountains and recently took a intro to mountaineering course with Mountain madness. Beyond that I have very little experience, my weak areas are being a part of a rope team ( I have a very basic understanding of this) glacier travel and crevasse rescue. All areas I'm looking toward improving in, whether it be another class later down the road or through more experienced climbers.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I recently moved to the PNW and have been getting into climbing and mountaineering as well. I've been rock climbing both in the gym and outdoors, and I have summited several nontechnical mountains (Adams, Baring, Del Campo, etc). I also just took a crevasse rescue / glacier travel class with Mountain Madness on Mt Rainier, so I am interested in doing easier glacier climbs this summer such as Eldorado, Sahale, Ruth, Shuksan, Baker, etc. I am a fit 20 yr old with all of my own gear and most weekends off. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up and doing scrambles / easier climbs, taking courses with guides, or practicing crevasse rescue or other technical skills.

Joe

jscicchitano2@gmail.com

I'm always looking for more people to climb with, if you're ever wanting to do some sport climbing near Seattle I'm down. My schedule tends to fluctuate but if I have a half/full day off Id always prefer to be out climbing!

I can lead 5.10b/c sport and am trying to break into trad too. Happy to get on moderate multi pitch or whatever, I just like to climb walls!

Let me know if you're wanting to get out there!

Eric