Greetings from the Road!

layton

Hey all you ccc.comers! Just saying hello from sunny CA!

J-tree is nice n' warm, (albeit sandbagged...i.e. Comic Book and Exorcist, but Illusion Dweller was the best pitch I've ever led!!!). So Far 35 pitches in 4 days!

I'm heading to Lee Vining with my partner and his Gaper client (stupid bastard) so I guess I'll be soloing and TRing.

Oh well, he gets ditched after only two days of ice so it's off to Redrocks where we plan to climb Epinepherine, Eagle's Dance, Refried Brains, and Ginger cracks in a 4 day spree. My hands already look like I've got Leporcy (sp?)

Hope the ice is fat when I get back, although I won't look forward to the slogging. Someone go send some shit in the mountains. Soon I'll be joining y'all and staring out my window too. fruit.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't been all that intolerable around here. Skied in the warm sun shirtless on saturday, with shady north slope powder, out by Coleman Pinnacle. Climbed a few pitches at Squamish sunday. Also drank quite a few Rainier Ale tall boys, "Mountain Fresh Taste Since 18??". Illusion Dweller is fine! Try Fisticuffs out that wayif you get back to JT, Rubicon is the business, have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it turned out the the Chimney pitches on Epinepherine were super awesome and fun! My partner and I managed the entire route in 6 hours which surprised us. One of the best routes ever!

All and all in a 12 day trip we climbed 70 pitches! , the last 7 were with Jason Martin on some newly put up route next to Orange Colonus.

My favorites on the trip:

Exorcist

Illusion Dweller

Lee Vining Left Side Mixed

Epinepherine

& Eagle's Dance!

Fun fun fun! I wanna go back. Thanks for having the weather suck while I was gone. It was always in the 70's down there (even in Lee Vining).

Epinephrine: 6 hrs car to car, or 6 hrs on the route?

On route. It's like a 40 minute approach, and Jay, my partner had serious ITB syndrome issues on the descent. Email me for descent info, cuz Swain is a moron like always.

And no, it was very warm in the chimneys and on the face. Unreal weather!

NEcro, if you do kill me, do it in Simon Yates style!