Partner wanted anywhere in the Pacific Northwest

lbloom1864

Hi all, I have some time on my hands with practically no responsibilities until mid September or so and would love to get out and do some climbing/mountaineering in the pacific northwest. I am currently based out of Vancouver Island, but can be wherever you are within a day or so. About me: I'm a reasonably fit 25 year old male with a moderate amount of peak bagging experience in the Rockies and cascades including several low class five climbs(liberty bells and a few others I can't remember) along with numerous class three and four scrambles of peaks. I also summitted mount baker last year with the American Alpine Institute while taking their alpine leadership course(it was a 14 day course that had me learning how to rope up and lead teams on glaciers and all that jazz). I also have a fair amount of rock climbing experience, though no trad leading, but am sorta out of shape due to a persistently aggravated right arm that doesn't like me climbing harder than 5.10 b or c. Right now, I can follow you up to 5.10a, but can't promise anything beyond.(This issue is progressively getting better, I just want you to be aware of my limitations.) Finally, I ran my college's outdoor program and have an extensive amount of experience backpacking, navigating in the woods and all that fun stuff. I am travelling with my own 70m dry rope, ice axe, helmet, crampons, boots, harness etc etc. If you're still reading at thing point and want to invite me out to do some climbing with you, please don't hesitate, I'm open for any and all suggestions! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any interest in doing Baker again or any other mountaineering? I just got into mountaineering and am trying to do another climb before the summer is over. I'm 26 from California and soloed Mt. Shasta for my first climb Memorial Day weekend and then climbed Mt. Adams two weekends ago, Mt. Hood last weekend and am about to do Shasta again this weekend.