A Quiz

Matt

1. How did Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrétien respond when his spokeswoman called George W. Bush a “moron”?

a) He pulled out a photograph of Bush reading an upside-down book and said, “She may have a point.”

b) He said, “She calls me Cretin. Do you see me getting all upset?”

c) He accepted her resignation and said that Bush is “not a moron at all.”

d) He held up a photograph of Bush looking through binoculars with the lens caps still on and said, “You tell me, does he look like a moron?”

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said what?

3. “In the corporate world, sometimes things aren’t exactly black and white when it comes to accounting procedures.”

4. "[Osama bin Laden is] either alive and well or alive and not too well or not alive.”

5. "How many Palestinians were on those airplanes on September 9th? None.”

6. "First of all, let’s get one thing straight: crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack. Let’s get that straight. O.K.?”

a) George W. Bush

b) Dan Quayle

c) Whitney Houston

d) Donald Rumsfeld

www.snopes.com/photos/binoculars.htm

Here's a REAL quiz:

Q: Who believes that the UN has supreme governing authority over the sovereignty of the United States, its military, and all its citizens, especially as that authority relates to war, environmental policy, and gun control?

Who believes that government should forcefully take most of what a person earns and redistribute that income to others? Believes "from each according to his means, to each according to his needs"?

Who lectures us all about the beauty of big government, demands we pay more taxes to keep his favorite Mercer Island park open, then hops into his German-made luxury automobile and rides off on another BIG adventure to save us from ourselves?

A: Matt

shocked.gifshocked.gif

7. Which headline did not appear in a major daily newspaper?

a) “BUSH PREPARES MAJOR EASING OF INDUSTRY POLLUTION RULES”

b) “BUSH PLAN GIVES MORE DISCRETION TO FOREST MANAGERS ON LOGGING”

c) “EPA PROPOSES TO EASE RULES ON CLEAN AIR”

d) “REPUBLICANS MOUNT CAMPAIGN TO RENAME ALZHEIMER’S ‘REAGAN’S DISEASE’”

8. Who explained that the Bush Administration waited until September to push publicly for war with Iraq because, “from a marketing point of view, you don’t introduce new products in August”?

a) Attorney General John Ashcroft

b) Chief of staff Andrew Card

c) Press secretary Ari Fleisher

d) National security advisor Condoleezza Rice

www.snopes.com/photos/binoculars.htm

Here's a REAL quiz:

Q: Who believes that the UN has supreme governing authority over the sovereignty of the United States, its military, and all its citizens, especially as that authority relates to war, environmental policy, and gun control?

Who believes that government should forcefully take most of what a person earns and redistribute that income to others? Believes "from each according to his means, to each according to his needs"?

Who lectures us all about the beauty of big government, demands we pay more taxes to keep his favorite Mercer Island park open, then hops into his German-made luxury automobile and rides off on another BIG adventure to save us from ourselves?

A: Matt

shocked.gifshocked.gif

Be nice to Matt! I think he's a closet capitolist cause he's so smart, he can't help but figure it out for himself! It just makes too much sense!

Come out of the closet Matt! We need your help! You'd make a good grass roots libertarian! You know you want to! fruit.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, god, the poor trees. Forget about terrorism. Let's drop everything and make sure the trees are being dealt with fairly. I'm writing Bush tonight with just such a proposal. Really, how can you people not see what is happening? We should have been doing what we are now a decade ago. Instead, terrorist groups have been allowed to grow and organize themselves nearly unchecked. I really don't see that we have a choice in the matter. I'm only sorry that it took a major strike on American soil to get everyone riled up. Now I'm not saying that we should ignore the environment. But you know what would help most? Individuals. Individuals taking responsiblity for their own little pollutions. How many of you actually take the time to recycle? I do. If you don't have a recycling program in your area, get a petition going. No reasonable city counsil will ignore that. Not if they want to get re-elected. I drive a purple dodge neon, because i have no reason to own a gas guzzling V8. I have nothing to tow. It goes where I need it to. Quit bitching and do something useful. hellno3d.gif