Slesse Access FYI

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the above average snowfall, cool and somewhat wet conditions the pnw is experiencing I bet the pocket will be there for most of the summer.

Interesting. I had speculated the opposite, since the high snow accumulation was higher than the glacier, and it was a really warm spring. As it's been a little more wet lately, I figured that would help it slide off. (but what I lack in experience I make up for in wild speculation and theory, so there's that).

Edited by mmeyers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the picture. Has anyone indeed been in the last days or weeks and climbed?

Not having been into the basin and dealt with the pocket glacier, I also wonder for those who have, how does it (in the picture) look to you?

Good shot steph! I was there yesterday, still there. Looks passable to me but likely not a great idea, best to wait till a bit more falls off.

Brette and I skirted the left side on slab and under the upper blocks in similar condish a couple years back. But it required some shoulder stands to get from one slab to another, which was actually a lot of fun.

E pillar and Navigator wall are good to go!