Cross-posted: #6 on Backbone Ridge

Alisse

Joe and I climbed Dragontail via Backbone Ridge on Thursday, June 30th. On its maiden crack voyage, his #6 got stuck about halfway up the route. If you return it, you will be GENEROUSLY COMPENSATED and REWARDED! :rawk:

I know it's a (very) long shot, but if you have it, please let me know. Thank you very very very much in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For future reference, when a big can gets stuck it can be easily retrieved by hammering it out with a rock. Whack it a few times downwards until it either pops out or is in a wider spot. If you're the one who got it stuck chances are it's not in there that tight and there won't be any mangling.

I pulled a #4 that was deeply welded out of the Bastille crack (if you place a #4 on the Bastille it will get stuck) and bent the lobes pretty bad, but I was using a wall hammer and had to hit it 15 or 20 times. Goodluck!

Thanks, both of you! And it was very ironic to see you at the beginning and end of our trip, telemarker!

keenwesh, thanks! I definitely suspect that wailing on it would have done the trick; however, I wasn't in a position to get my hands on anything big/solid enough to hit it with... some time/light constraints prompted us to continue upward. Good to know, anyway!