[TR] Mt Townsend - regular 6/19/2016

olyclimber

Trip: Mt Townsend - regular

Date: 6/19/2016

Trip Report:

Ulee and I did a little peak bagging for Fathers day. Just an easy hike, but man it is nice and super accessible. Almost couldn't find a place to park at the trailhead.

I was up here before way back in the day and always dismissed it as an easy hike that isn't worth the time...but it is worth it. I would do it again in a heart beat. The hills where alive with the sound of music.

This was my 4th weekend in a row in the Olympics, up in the alpine. On Saturday I ran a 1/2 marathon sort of off the couch, and I wasn't sure I would be able to do anything, but I had to keep the streak alive. And moving actually felt way better than laying around. We cruised up the trail, passing a bunch of hikers. Unfortunately it was socked in so we got no views, but I could imagine that this is the place to be on a clear day.

Anyway, the lupine and indian paintbrush were in force, not to mention the rhodies down low. Definitely felt great to be up there again and my 4th weekend in a row catching the Southworth back to West Seattle!

27684487152_48a04adeb0_k_d.jpg

27506565280_f8a3341fda_k_d.jpg

27173114664_eec8f42bfa_k_d.jpg

27684565632_6f4776828c_k_d.jpg

27506675550_b8b627d67d_k_d.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic