• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Sam D

Partners for May - June, all days of the week

I'm taking an extended vacation from work and currently have a wide open schedule. Would love to meet and climb with some new partners! I enjoy everything from cragging to multi-day alpine trips, though my experience is skewed heavily toward the latter.

Skills: I am comfortable leading trad to 5.7, following to 5.8-5.9, leading ice to WI3, and following ice to WI4. I'm moderately experienced in alpine environments: have led routes including Fisher Chimneys, the Kautz Glacier, and the Adams Glacier, and have soloed routes including the N. Face of Mt. Maude and the W. Ridge of N. Twin Sister. I've had instruction on general mountaineering, first aid, ice, and rock.

Personality: I'm even-keeled, communicate openly, and tend to get along with most people I meet. I take safety seriously, but I don't take myself too seriously. I have a broad range of interests from outdoor activities to music to management. I love getting to know other people.

Possible trips: Cragging in Leavenworth, Smith Rock, Squamish. Alpine climbs in the N. Cascades. Other stuff.

If you'd be interested in climbing together, please shoot me a PM: would love to connect and get out!

Cheers,

Sam

Seattle, WA

I am flying into Portland Monday 5/23 have booked a place to stay and my partner can't go... Any interest in some ski mountaineering on Mt Hood?